Get free training in digital skills.
The Athens Lifelong Learning Institute is implementing a series of free training seminars for the acquisition of digital skills required in remote work, in the framework of the European project Remote Work EU.
5 thematic modules that will bring your business into the digital age:
– Remote work Toolkit
– How to work remote effectively
– Digitalization Toolkit
– Digital business model and strategy
– Digital transformation of SMEs
The seminars will be held remotely as follows:
– two online meetings: one introductory and one for the thematic fields of your choice,
– asynchronous training using the e-learning platform: 3-5 hours in duration.
The introductory meeting will take place on Friday 13 October 2023, 16:00-17:00.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Remote work Toolkit
The Remote work Toolkit module provides the necessary knowledge on the use of digital tools in remote working. These tools are the following:
- online communication tools, such as file sharing and video conferencing programs,
- collaboration and project management tools, such as online collaboration and teamwork programmes,
- functional tools such as innovation tools, time management tools and self-organisation tools,
- online security and data protection tools, such as tools for secure use of sensitive applications, secure use of social media and secure sharing of confidential files.
The module includes interactive activities, navigation through digital tools, problem solving activities, assessment and self-assessment activities.
How to work remote effectively
The module covers the following topics: working from home, time management and self-organisation, work-life balance and flexible remote working
The module will enable learners to be better prepared to work remotely and to cope with various obstacles and challenges in the new digital reality. It will help them to understand what remote working is, its advantages and disadvantages, how to optimise their time management while working remotely, reduce stress, process the daily information flow efficiently and achieve a work-life balance.
The Digitization Toolkit is a guide designed to support users to gain digital experience in software used by companies when digitising work. It combines technological and methodological competences adapted for SMEs, NGOs, adult education centres and low-skilled adults. In a series of sub-modules, users will learn the basics of basic software related to business digitization and a comprehensive targeted digitization through a learning path tailored to their needs and challenges. This module presents a technical solution, a toolkit, that will provide the necessary information and knowledge for the digitization of SMEs and/or NGOs.
Digital business model and strategy
The module addresses the following topics: entrepreneurial thinking, innovation, strategic plan for sustainable actions, decision making strategies for advanced goals, achievement and stakeholder management, social networking strategies for external communication, crisis management at professional and personal level.
The content of the module will enable the learner to be better prepared to deal with various obstacles and challenges when running a digital business. They will develop skills and gain knowledge in the following:
- In defining a (digital) business model, based on market analyses,
- innovation and decision-making strategies,
- social media strategies for external communication with stakeholders.
- sustainable actions and crisis anticipation and preparation through crisis management.
Digital Transformation of SMEs
In this Digital Transformation of SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) module, learners will become familiar with the key concepts that need to be considered for a successful digital transformation.
The following key aspects will be covered to promote distance working in SMEs:
- Change management: How to prepare for digital transformation.
- How to prepare for the transformation? How to prepare for the transformation? How to prepare for the transformation?
- Needs related to internet security and data protection for effective digital transformation of SMEs.