Online Training Seminar
eMerge: Media Education for Gender Equality
The Training Seminar will have a total duration of 8 hours and will take place online on Wednesday 11 and Wednesday 18 May 2022, from 16:00 to 20:00
The Athens Lifelong Learning Institute is organizing a training seminar for Primary and Secondary Education teachers on gender representations and stereotypes in the media and in pop culture. The aim of the seminar is for teachers to develop relevant knowledge and skills so that they can educate their students in the media, with particular emphasis on gender representations in the popular media consumed by children and adolescents.
This seminar aims to achieve this very goal: to make teachers and educators allies and leaders in the process of breaking down gender stereotypes and of contributing to gender equality through their everyday teaching practices.
The main topics to be discussed during the seminar include:
– the different approaches to media education
– the social construction of gender
– the power but also the limitations of gender stereotypes
– the role of pop culture in gender representations
– the tools that can contribute to the analysis of media content related to gender
– the ways in which issues such as gender identity, sexism, hate speech, prejudice, misogyny and gender inequality can be discussed within the classroom.
– the production of media tools to challenge gender stereotypes.
Take the opportunity, apply and get involved!
For more information, visit the project website: https://project-emerge.eu/
For further information and applications, you can contact the Athens Lifelong Learning Institute at 2110138400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Seminar will take place in