European SafeOnline Initiative
The main focus of the “European SafeOnline Initiative” is the improvement of media literacy levels among children and young people through the extensive media literacy education of their parents.
Instead of attempting the development of a pilot experimentation project, the project proposes the scaling up of a recognized and proven innovation in the field of media literacy. More specifically, it aims at the replication of a practice that has demonstrable results with qualitative and quantitative evidence of impact; that of the Flemish SafeOnline programme.
- Teaching and learning materials.
- The book “Media Literacy: What do Parents Know? The European SafeOnline Model“..
- Development of local versions of the European SafeOnline Initiative, for the five (5) participating regions.
- SafeOnline Seminars.
- Ten (10) National Workshops.
- Workshop with the European Parliament.
- Final European Conference.
- Creation of the project website.
- Printing of the project book.
- Partners’ participation in the promotion and awareness raising events.
- Fondation pour enfants disparus et sexuelement exploites, coordinator (Belgium).
- Gezinsbond v.z.w. (Belgium)
- Ligue des familles (Belgium)
- Universitatea de Vest din Timisoara (Romania)
- Sofiiski Universitet Sveti Kliment Ohridski (Bulgaria)
- Athens Lifelong Learning Institute, (Greece)
- European University (Cyprus)
- European Association for Viewers Interests AISBL University (Belgium)
Erasmus +, Key Action 03, Support for policy reform, Social inclusion tand common values: the contribution in the field of education and training.